It feels like ages since I last pulled out my mermaid stencils for some mermaid nails. The other night I was playing with some new flakies from NailStuff.ca & after looking at them on my nails, I couldn’t help but think they would make an amazing base for a mermaid nail design! I’ve had this mermaid tail idea floating around a while, so I grabbed some more vinyls from What’s Up Nails (I believe it’s suppose to be a whale tail) & have it a go.
For this manicure, the polishes I used were:
- Base Coat: OPI Nail Envy
- Top Coat: Essie Speed Setter
- FingerPaints Fun Peel Off Base Coat (to apply flakies)
- Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Ocean Daze
- NailStuff.ca Flakies — these guys aren’t currently available but there is a huge selection here!
- What’s Up Nails Scale Stencils
- What’s Up Nails Whale & Tale Stencils
- Color Club Eternal Beauty
- Layla Cosmetics Mermaid Spell
- Color Club Crystal Baller
- Wrenn Polish Mesmerizing
- Wrenn Polish Summer Sands
- NailStuff.ca Summer Nail Wheel — Silver seahorse stud
This design didn’t quite turn out how I pictured on my head, but that’s mostly the tail look on my ring finger. I really wish it was bigger. I do however love the holo scales over the flakie base just makes me so happy! I also wish I had done that look on the majority of my fingers with just the stud being my accent! (& if I had more of these nail vinyls left, I probably would have… going to need to buy some more ASAP!)
Also holo & flakies have to be the most beautiful combination. Definitely trying out these flakies OVER holo next!
What do you think of this mermaid nail design? Are you a fan of the holo & flakie combo? Let me know what you think down in the comments below! 🧜🏼♀️