Hello lovelies & happy Wednesday! Hope everyone’s week is going okay so far. Here is Halifax the weather is very, very, VERY wet — it’s a very good day for a snuggly sweater & a lot of hot tea!
Today I’m sharing another look created for this month’s #GlamNailsChallenge. The next is prompt is Sugar Skull, which was one I was quite nervous about. I’ve seen lots of tutorials for how to create a sugar skull look, but they’re not as easy to do as they let on. Haha.
For this manicure, the polishes I used were:
- Base Coat: Sally Hansen Hard As Nails
- Top Coat: Essie Speed Setter
- Sally Hansen CSM Belle Of The Ball
- Essie White Page
- Starrily Vantablack
- Color Club Nail Art Club Duo pens in assorted colours (green, pink, blue)
- Sally Hansen I ♥️ Nail Art pens in fuchsia & purple.
- NailStuff.ca 7mm detail brush(COFFEE10 to save 10%)
- NailStuff.ca Dotting Tool Trio
This was my second attempt at a sugar skull design, since my first one was a little wonky. It’s not perfect, but I do like how it turned out. I decided to go a more Jack Skellington direction for my initial face, then added the colourful details. I feel like it gets the Sugar Skull theme across nicely!
What do you think about this sugar skull look? Do you like accent nail designs like this, or full nail designs? Let me know in the comments below!