Happy first day of June!
Oh how happy am I that Spring is in full bloom. Summer has always been my favorite season–I love the heat. So in honor of Summer being all that much closer, I did a pretty floral manicure. There are so many floral/rose and polka dot manis floating around I felt inspired. I’ve been working on perfecting my roses and with my new tiny nail art brushes I got not that long ago, I feel like my technique has definitely improved.
The polishes I used to create this floral manicure was:
- Sinful Colors in Island Coral –pinky coral on my nail art free nails.
- ACO by Ardene in Bridezilla — off white/nude background color of my nail art.
- Claire’s Neon Purple –roses
- Unnamed Claire’s Pink shimmer polish –roses
- Bourjois Paris in 1938 Mais Oui —roses
- Boujois Paris in 2002 Effect 3D Lip Gloss — roses.
- ACO by Ardene in Green Peace — darker green of leaves.
- And another brighter lime green I can’t remember the name of.
- Nutra Nail Top Speed Top Coat (with green tea.)
As you can see from the close up of my flowers, they actually (kind of?) resemble roses–or at least I think so. Thanks to my new, and much smaller, nail art brushes creating the swoops of different colors really makes a big difference in how these flowers turned out. I also really like the color combination of the pinks and purples and this Sinful Colors coral. It all makes for a wonderful Spring-soon-to-be-Summer manicure.
My nails are so happy to soak up the sunshine and increasingly warm weather. I have a feeling that I’ll be creating a lot of floral manicures. Now I just have to find the perfect complimentary spring dress to match, and I’ll be all set for the day.