Today’s post is a special one for a very special member of the nail art community. Maria, aka @so_nailicious, has been a huge inspiration in the nail art world for a long time, & a personal nail art inspiration to me since I really started painting my nails. Over the last year, she has been facing some really tough health battles as she was diagnosed with MS, & as a result been forced to stop doing things that once brought her joy… like painting her nails. So Magda (@redheadnails) banded a group of us together so do some very special manicures in her honour, & I absolutely had to jump at the opportunity!
The colours orange & blue were chosen — orange, which is the colour for MS awareness, & blue which is a colour Maria loves. We also went with a “power” theme, to inspire & show off the strength that Maria is showing in her fight against this heart wrenching disease.
The polishes I used for this manicure are:
- Base Coat: Essie Hard To Resist Glow & Shine
- Top Coat: Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat
- Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Pacific Blue (the original formula)
- Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure One in a Melon
- Sally Hansen InstaDri Pump-kid
- Starrily Vantablack
- Nailstuff.ca clear stamper & scraper set
- Essence “Stamp It!” plate
- Unknown stamping plate (bought as part of a set of Dollarama in my early nail art days)
As I mentioned, I was super proud to do these nails in honour of Maria, as her nails & nail art has been an inspiration of mine for a long time, & I wanted to show even though she may be struggling right now & unable to do one of the things she loves, she’s still inspiring her friends in the nail art community everyday!
Check out #nailartwarriorsformaria on Instagram to see all the other beautiful & empowering manicures!