So my sister came over the other day for me to do her nails for a wedding she is in this weekend. She was telling me how all the other bridesmaids had gotten their nails professionally done, and she was bummed because she just couldn’t afford to do that. I didn’t want her to feel left out, so I told her she should come over because I wanted to make them pretty for her! =) So while the boyfriend distracted my nephew, I got her to sit down, and came up with some gorgeous nails for her to rock. She told me the wedding colors were rose pink, white, and black so I brain stormed for a while and figured that roses would be the most perfect bridesmaid nails. =)
The polishes I used for this manicure were:
- Icing Beach Barbie — thumb and middle finger.
- Bourjois Cendres de Roses — pointer and pinky fingers base color (and roses).
- Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Grey Area — pointer and pinky fingers polka dots.
- OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls — ring finger base color.
- Bourjois Le Rouge fidele — roses.
- Bourjois Mais Oui! — roses.
- Mariposa shimmery pink — roses.
- ACO by Ardene Green Peace — leaves.
- ACO by Ardene Techno Green — leaves
- LA Colors Palm Tree — leaves.
- Seche Vite Quick Dry top coat.
I thought the end result turned out really pretty. It just so happened I had a dusty rose pink (Bourjois Cendres de Roses) that perfectly matched the pink in the wedding colors! I went with dark grey polka dots, instead of black, just because I thought it would be a little more subtle–and would compliment the rose color. My sister was really excited for her nails, which made me so happy. =) I also lent her my Icing Beach Barbie so she could paint her toes sparkly to match, since they have opened toe shoes. So she’ll look pretty from head to toe. =)
So what do you think of this rose and polka dot manicure? Do you ever do other people’s nails? I’m still not 100% used to doing them, but it is fun playing around on someone else–even if she has the tiniest little nails compared to my own.