Yesterday I featured a swatch of Sally Hansen CSM in Mermaid’s Tale–a beautiful teal jelly glitter shade. Today I have the mani I did using that shade as my base colour! I’ve really had a lot of fun getting into stamping, & practicing, so I decided to try stamping a pattern over the glitter. I knew black wouldn’t show up over such a dark base, so I decided to grab something fun & bright (Turquoise) & the end result turned out perfect.
For this manicure, the polishes used were:
- Base Coat: Finger Paints Peel Off Base Coat for Glitter
- Top Coat: Cutex Quick Dry Top Coat
- Essie Under the Twilight
- Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Mermaid’s Tale
- China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise
- Born Pretty Store Clear Jelly Stamper item #24059
- Older Born Pretty Stamping Plate that’s no longer available — this plate contains the same image.
Can I just say how impressed I am with how well Turned Up Turquoise stamps? I was shocked with how opaque it was on the nail, especially over such a dark base colour. I wasn’t sure how it was going to look, but it turned out awesome! I always find myself so drawn to dark shades in the Fall months, but the pop of colour over top works well for a transitional manicure–just enough of Summer & just enough of Fall, all in one design.
What do you think of this stamping? What polishes do you love for stamping? Share all your secrets in the comments below! I’m going to be ordering a bunch of new stamping plates (especially Halloween/Christmas themed plates) in the next couple days so I’m looking for all the best stamping polishes for playing.