I’ll start by saying this nail art was inspired by my three year old nephew.
I was babysitting the other night, trying to decide what I was going to do for my rainbow nail art challenge. I thought about doing just rainbows, but as you might have noticed, I don’t always going typical with my challenge prompts. My little nephew was looking at my stash the other night–he is adorable when it comes to my nails. He always asks to look at my nails, and is very vocal when he doesn’t like them haha–and asked him what colors I should do on my nails. And he listed them off–blue, yellow, pink, red, green. He might have just been listing off the colors he knew, but never the less I did what he told me!
The polishes used were:
- OPI’s My Boyfriend Scales Walls — the white base.
- Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Mellow Yellow— the yellow.
- ACO by Ardene in Techno Green — the green
- ACO by Ardene in Lagoon –the blue
- ACO by Ardene in Sunkissed –the orange.
- ACO by Ardene in Strawberry Blush — the red
- ACO by Ardene in Ardene’s Secret — the pink.
- Stripe Rite striping brush in Black — the black outline.
- Sally Hansen Diamond Flash top coat.
I love these nails because it looks like a coloring book to me.
This manicure was not as difficult as you’d think. After applying my base coat, I started with a blank canvas of My Boyfriend Scales Walls, then added top coat. After that had dried, I started with my black striping polish, creating a different pattern on each nail (you could also do the same pattern on each nail, but I like to shake things up a bit.
After my outline was created, I then went with a small nail art brush (from Icing), and colored in some of the shapes with my variety of chosen colors. I did have to go back with my black, and touch up some of the lines were the colors had bled a little bit. When that was all finished, I topped with my trusty top coat and tada! Rainbow coloring book nails!
I think my nephew would be proud.