I’m still obsessing over the OPI Iceland collection, so I felt like pulling it out for some more nail art. This time, I decided on these chevrons which ended up looking slightly tribal-esque.
Even better, this design was super quick & easy to do which is good because I’m still pretty run down from my gluten attack but still want to do my nails. Don’t get me wrong–I enjoy complicated freehand designs. But sometimes you just want to be able to have pretty complicated nails without having to spend 2 hours crafting them! & this design is definitely perfect for that.
For this design, the polishes used are:
- Base Coat: OPI Natural Nail Base Coat
- Top Coat: Sally Hansen Diamond Flash Top Coat
- OPI This Isn’t Greenland
- OPI Suzi & the Artic Fox
- Xroma Polish & Vinyls X Stencil (I used the inside pieces)
- Small dotting tool
How great do these two colours look together? They compliment each other really, really well. But then again these OPI shades are so gorgeous, I think it would be impossible to create a design that didn’t look beautiful. & again, these were super simple to do:
- Paint your nails using your base colour (in this case, OPI This Isn’t Greenland) & apply quick dry top coat.
- When your base colour is completely dry (about 20 minutes), apply your nail vinyls. I find it easier to go one hand at a time.
- Going one nail at a time, paint over vinyls with your secondary shade (OPI Suzi & the Artic Fox). Remove nail vinyls as soon as you apply your polish.
- Once you’ve done all nails, go back with a small dotting tool & your base colour & add your dots.
- Apply top coat to seal in design.
- Repeat on other hand.
What do you think of this design? Let me know in the comments below!
Some of these lovely polishes were all gifted to me by OPI as part of the #PreenMeVIP program.