It’s been a long, long time since my last prom expirence (10 years!) but I always find myself reminiscing when June comes around. I’ve been seeing a whole bunch of pretty dresses around as graduates get ready for their special night, so I thought I would do some pretty prom inspired nails! Back when I went to prom, my nails were always simple: a metallic, a red, some fresh tips. If I were a teenager now, I definitely would go with something more fun!
I think this design would be perfect for someone going to prom that wants fancy nails that aren’t too over to top (don’t want to outshine that dress!) I went with a pretty peach shade, but you could tailor it to go with whatever colour matched your dress.
For this manicure, I used:
- Base Coat: Perfect Formula Pink Gel Coat
- Top Coat: Cutex Quick Dry Top Coat
- ACO by Ardene Sorbet
- ACO by Ardene Misty Love
- Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Buffalo Nickel
- Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Pretty Piggy
- Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Little Peony
- Sally Hansen I ❤️ Nail Art Pen in green
- Sally Hansen X-treme Wear Kiwi Bikini
- Xroma Polish & Vinyls Small Moroccan stencil
- Small dotting tool from Bundle Monster
- Small Nail Art Brush from Bundle Monster
I’m so excited by these, I can’t lie. My floral seriously turned out perfect. & I love the subtle bit of shimmer of the metallic Buffalo Nickel with the pastel floral. Floral is definitely my favourite go-to when it comes to special occasion nails, but I promise it’s not my only go-to! But for special occasions like prom, floral is perfect! It’s like wearing your corsage right on your nails.
What did you wear on your nails when you went to prom? Did you stay classic, go sparkly or not wear anything at all? Let me know what you think in the comments below!