Happy Friday everyone! Who doesn’t love Friday?
Today I have one of my favourite easy nail art techniques to share with you–Saran Wrap splatter! I’ve featured this technique a couple times, and I’m always in love with how they turn out. It really is one of those designs where you can’t really mess up (unlike water marble which I can’t not mess up!) because you can just keep dabbing polish on until you get a look you love.
- Essie Coat Couture
- Essie Find Me An Oasis
- Essie Gel Setter
- Crinkled up plastic bag.
To achieve this look:
- Paint your nails with your base coat of choice, and then apply your base colour (I used Essie Coat Couture).
- Apply a layer of top coat and let dry. I wait about 5-10 minutes.
- In the mean time, take your Saran Wrap and crinkled up. You can also use a plastic grocery bag or any other crinkly plastic. I always use what I have on hand.
- Once your base colour has dried enough you won’t ruin it, apply your second colour directly to your crinkled up plastic and dab onto your nail one at a time. Applying liquid latex around your nails helps minimize clean up.
- If you feel like you’ve put too much of your secondary polish on your nail, you can go back with your base colour and dab again. Keep going until you like how your nail looks.
- Once you look how your “splatter” looks, seal in your design with top coat.
So what do you think of this technique? Have you ever tried out this design or would you try out this design? Let me know in the comments below! And if you do try out this technique, tag me on Instagram so I can see. ❤