Hello lovelies & happy Wednesday! I hope everyone’s week is off to a good start. Today I’m sharing a simple skittle look for this mid-week slump.
I was recently going through my drawer of mini polishes, & found a few great OPI colours I haven’t worn in a while. Instantly I thought: these would look awesome in a skittle design. Easy manicure accomplished!
The polishes I used for this manicure are:
- Base Coat: Londontown KUR Nail Hardener & Base Coat
- Top Coat: Seche Vive Fast Dry Top
- Thumb — OPI Is That A Spear in Your Pocket (2017 Fiji Collection)
- Pointer — OPI Living On The Bula-vard (2017 Fiji Collection)
- Middle — OPI Two Timing The Zones (2017 Fiji Collection)
- Ring — OPI Do You Have This Color in Stock-holm? (2014 Nordic Collection)
- Pinky — OPI Getting Nadi on My Honeymoon (2017 Fiji Collection)
I really, really like this combination of colours together. As I’ve mentioned before, I’m always jealous when I did these perfectly coordinated skittle manicures on Instagram because I never feel like mine look as good. This is the first time I’ve done one like this where I’ve been like “yes… perfect!” & I’m so happy about it.
As you can see from my product listing, I used 4 shades from the 2017 Fiji collection, & then one from the 2014 Nordic collection. I really felt like I needed one more darker shade to compliment Is That A Spear in your Pocket? & Do You Have This Color in Stock-holm? was perfect for that! I have so many of these little OPI mini bottles from sets I’ve collected over the years, & I really should reach for them more often.
What do you think of my skittle design? I was this close to adding little white “s” on each nail after my co-worker said they reminded her of berry skittles (we work in a candy store, so it would be very fitting!) but I ended up feeling sick that night & not having the energy to do it. Even still, I absolutely love this colour combination. It just looks so good together.
Have a fantastic Wednesday loves! ♥︎