Hello lovelies & happy Tuesday!
Today is a beautiful sunny day, & I’m excited because I have some fun nail art to share. It feels like a long time since I was truly inspired to do my nails, but I did this manicure early last week & was OBSESSED. Some nights it feels like I have no energy to come up with creative nail art looks, but I feel like this one turned out perfect.
Plus it combines some of my favourite things: neon, leopard print & negative space!
For this manicure, the polishes I used were:
- Base Coat: Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle
- Top Coat: Essie Speed Setter
- Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Get Mod
- Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Blacky-O
- Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Violet Voltage
- Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Miami Nice
- Sally Hansen Miracle GelElectri-Lime
- Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Fuchsia Fever
- Sally Hansen I ❤️ Nail Art pen in black
- NailStuff.ca Dotting Tool Trio
- NailStuff.ca 16mm Striper Brush
Seriously, how cute is this look? I was really feeling something involving negative space — I recently returned to rounded nails, since square nails stopped working for me — & since they’re so short right now, they’re my favourite length for negative space peak-a-boo nail art.
For this look, I started off by freehanding my white space with just the polish brush, then used my smaller sized dotting tool to create my blobs of neon. Then I used my black nail art pen to draw the leopard spots around them. Finally I finished everything off with my black stripes! A little time consuming — I think it took me an entire episode of Dr. Death — but the end result just pops so well!
What do you think of my leopard print nails? Are you still feeling bright & Summer-y shades? I’m in a weird faze right now where I am going between being obsessed with neons, & more muted shades. But for the first time, in a long time, I’m not craving Fall as August starts, so I think I’ll enjoy what is left of Summer & get out a bunch more Summer-y nail art looks too!
Have a fantastic day lovelies!