Hello beauties — long time no see! I know, it’s been quiet on the blog front, again. It was an interesting weekend, that saw me get that lovely stomach sickness my kids had. Not fun. Have I mentioned I hate Winter & sickness season?
But I’m back, I feel better, & I even managed to paint my nails! I was feeling some Fall inspired skittlette nails, inspired by fellow Canadian nail blogger GrapeFizzNails & here stunning colour combinations — only I wanted to throw a little extra accent nail action into the mix. Mostly because I’ve been itching to use the old Born Pretty stamping plate featuring this houndstooth pattern.
The polishes I used for this manicure are:
- Base Coat: Essie Hard To Resist Glow & Shine
- Top Coat: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-chip Top Coat
- Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Pat on the Black
- Sally Hansen CSM Berry Fancy
- Sally Hansen CSM Clean Slate
- Sally Hansen CSM Let It Snow
- Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Goldie Rocks
- Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Shooting Star
- Born Pretty Store Classic Patterns Stamping Plate BP-L006
- Nailstuff.ca clear stamper & scraper set
Okay, please ignore the weird stamped hair on that accent finger. Haha. Second how Autumn-esque is this colour combination. I love how these turned out with the darker plum/purple shades & then the sparkle from the golds on my middle finger. It turned out really pretty, & I really like the whole combination. Who needs to wear just one colour on their nails when you can wear all the colours on your nails!
What do you think of my houndstooth skittlette design? Do you like these colour combining manicures? What colours are you feeling right now? Have you gone full on holiday-manicure mode yet? Let me know all your thoughts down in the comments below!