I love purple.
You have no idea how much I was looking forward to the violet prompt for the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge. Purple has always been my favorite color–I even had purple hair years ago! So I was super excited when Day 6 rolled around. The only hard part was trying to decide which polishes to use, and what design I wanted to try. After obsessively browsing my favorite nail art blogs for a couple of hours, I finally decided to go with Chalkboard Nails Distressed nails. It’s been on my to-try list for a while, but I’d never given it a go. I’m glad I did though! These turned out better than I imagined, and I had so many random compliments on them!
The polishes I used for this manicure were:
- China Glaze’s What a Pansy — Purple Base & some strokes.
- OPI’s My Boyfriend Scales Walls — White base & some strokes.
- Sally Hansen Complete Salon manicure in I love you — light purple strokes.
- ACO by Ardene Forever Young — medium purple strokes.
- Essence “Beauty Beats” collection in Baby, Baby, Ooooh — Darkest purple strokes.
- Sally Hansen Diamond Flash top coat.
It’s hard to distinguish between the different shades of purple with just a picture, but on the nail in person it was striking. I feel like the darker purple base turned out better than the white base. I will definitely have to try this look again, with different colors. I also feel, it’s a nice (less messy) alternative to the paint splatter manicure–which I also want to try, but will definitely need more than a couple extra hours just for clean up.